WWW.CPRDIESELROSTER.COM

CP DEMONSTRATORS : 7000-7008

 

 

 

 

 

7000:1 7000:2 7001:1 7001:2 7001:3 7002:1 7002:2    
7003:1 7003:2 7004:1 7004:2

7005

7006 7007 7008 (7009)

 

 

 

This page lists CP's demonstrator units, which were numbered in the #7000-7008 group. The units listed below were not the only demonstrators CP has used throughout the years : all other kept their original roadnumbers, and are listed in the demonstrator section, accessible from the Diesel Roster main page.

 

Roadnumber Serial Paint Scheme Model
       
CP 7000:1 N/A ---  
Built by National Steel Co., Hamilton, ON. as #7000 (11/1937). This units was fitted with a 550 Hp. 6 cylinder engine which was built by Harland & Wolff of Ireland. Sold to Marathon Pulp & Paper (10/1944), became #27. Obtained by the Canadian Railway Museum at Delson, QC. (1964).
       
CP 7000:2 29876 --- SD40X
Built by EMD as Demonstrator #434D (2/1965). Unit had flared radiators and was tested on CP between February 8th and 25th, 1966. Sold to Union Pacific (4/1966), became UP #3043.
       
CP 7001:1 11012 --- FP7A
Built by EMD as FP7A #7001 (11/1949). This unit was painted in EMD colours with GM shield logo on the nose, lettered General Motors Diesel Ltd. Tested on CP between December 4, 1949, and March 25, 1950. Sold to Wisconsin Central, and renumbered to WC #2500A. When Wisconsin Central integrated into the SOO Line, it was renumbered to SOO #2500A. Retired by SOO (3/1986) and is currently on display at theLake Superior Museum of Transportation in Duluth, MN.
       
CP 7001:2 29875 --- SD40X
Built by EMD (2/1965). Unit had flared radiators and was tested on CP between February 8th and 25th, 1966. Sold to Union Pacific (4/1966), became UP #3042.
       
CP 7001:3 M6118-01 --- HR616
Built by Bombardier as CN HR616 #2100 (1982). Returned to BBD (1983) and tested on CP between February, 1983 and May, 1984. It tested on CP while still carrying it's CN paint scheme without lettering, with a small Bombardier logo on the sides. It returned to CN after testing and was renumbered back to CN #2100. Retired by CN (1998) and sold to National Railway Equipment.
       
CP 7002:1 11013 --- F7B
Built by EMD as F7B #7002 (11/1949). This unit was painted in EMD colours with GM shield logo on the nose, lettered General Motors Diesel Ltd. Tested on CP between December 4, 1949, and March 25, 1950. Sold to Wisconsin Central, and renumbered to WC #2500B. When Wisconsin Central integrated into the SOO Line, it was renumbered to SOO #2500C. Retired by SOO (2/1980). Sold to Pielet Brothers., Chicago IL. for scrap.
       
CP 7002:2 M6118-02 --- HR616
Built by Bombardier as CN HR616 #2101 (1982). Returned to BBD (1983) and tested on CP between February, 1983 and May, 1984. It tested on CP while still carrying it's CN paint scheme without lettering, with a small Bombardier logo on the sides. It returned to CN after testing and was renumbered back to CN #2101. Retired by CN (1995).
       
CP 7003:1 11014 --- F7B
Built by EMD as F7B #7003 (11/1949). This unit was painted in EMD colours with GM shield logo on the nose, lettered General Motors Diesel Ltd. Tested on CP between December 4, 1949, and March 25, 1950. Sold to Wisconsin Central, and renumbered to WC #2501B. When Wisconsin Central integrated into the SOO Line, it was renumbered to SOO #2501C. Retired by SOO (3/1979). Sold to Pielet Brothers., Chicago IL. for scrap.
       
CP 7003:2 M6118-03 --- HR616
Built by Bombardier as CN HR616 #2102 (1982). Returned to BBD (1983) and tested on CP between February, 1983 and May, 1984. It tested on CP while still carrying it's CN paint scheme without lettering, with a small Bombardier logo on the sides. It returned to CN after testing and was renumbered back to CN #2102. Retired by CN (1996).
       
CP 7004:1 77634 --- S-3
Built by MLW as S-3 #7004 (9/1950). This unit was painted black without any lettering. Tested on CP in 1950 for a short period in the Montreal Terminals area. Sold to Price Brothers of Kenogami, QC. and renumbered to #1.
       
CP 7004:2 M6118-04 --- HR616
Built by Bombardier as CN HR616 #2103 (1982). Returned to BBD (1983) and tested on CP between February, 1983 and May, 1984. It tested on CP while still carrying it's CN paint scheme without lettering, with a small Bombardier logo on the sides. It returned to CN after testing and was renumbered back to CN #2103. Retired by CN (1998), and sold to National Railway Equipment.
       
CP 7005 2646 --- CPA16-4
Built by CLC as CPA16-4 #7005 (7/1951). This unit was painted in the Maroon & Grey paint scheme, but lettered Canadian Locomotive Company, with a diamond CLC logo on the nose and named "City of Kingston". Tested on CP starting September 23, 1951, and purchased by CP on December 10, 1951. Testing ended on March 25, 1952, and the unit was renumbered to CP #4064 on September 26, 1952. Fire damaged at Mile 64 Thompson Sub (July 14,1969). Scrapped at Ogden, Calgary AB (2/1972).
       
CP 7006 2647 --- CPA16-4
Built by CLC as CPA16-4 #7006 (7/1951). This unit was painted in the Maroon & Grey paint scheme, but lettered Canadian Locomotive Company, with a diamond CLC logo on the nose and named "City of Kingston". Tested on CP starting September 23, 1951, and purchased by CP on December 10, 1951. Testing ended on March 25, 1952, and the unit was renumbered to CP #4065 on September 19, 1952. Retired (6/1975). Held by CP as part of their Historical Collection until 1990, when it was donated to the Science & Technology Museum in Ottawa, ON.
       
CP 7007 81603 --- RSD-17
Built by MLW as RSD-17 #7007 (5/1957). This unit was painted in the Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Tested on CP between August 26, 1957 and November 2, 1957. The unit then went to CN where it tested as CN #3899 between December 19, 1957 and March 24, 1958. It then went to PGE, where it tested as PGE #624 between April 1, 1958, and October 15, 1958. It was purchased by CP on September 14, 1959, and renumbered to CP #8921. It was rebuilt and chop-nosed at CP Angus Shops, Montreal QC. (1988). Retired (5/1995), donated to the Elgin County Railway Museum, St. Thomas, ON. (1/1997).
       
CP 7008 82837 --- RSD-8
Built by Alco as RSD-8 #7008 (2/1958). This unit was painted black and lettered Montreal Locomotive Works Ltd. which a square MLW logo on the nose. It first tested on CN as CN #1735 (3/1958). It then was renumbered to CP #7008 and tested on CP between April 2, and 22nd, 1958. Returned to Alco and sold to Paulista Railway in Brazil, became Paulista Railway #909.
       
(CP 7009) 16L1159 Maroon/Grey "Block" H16-66
Built by Fairbanks Morse as Aluminium Company of America (ALCOA) #001 (1/1958), then to Squaw Creek Coal #721001. Sold to John K. Burbridge, Ottawa, ON. (1983). Displayed at the Alberta Pioneer Railway Association. Renumbered to #7009. (1988). Painted in the CP Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Stored at Ogden, Calgary AB. Note : unit was never owned or operated by CP.

 

 

 

2008 Wilco van Schoonhoven