CP 1530 AT WINNIPEG, MB.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1954 as CP 8485
Serial Number : A 683
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : Canadian Pacific
This Photo : A. Ross Harrison, 2008
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8485 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by D.R. Phillips, 1977. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 1530 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1991;
3. CP 1530 at Thunder Bay, ON., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1991;
4. CP 1530 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 2004;
5. CP 1530 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2012.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" Stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark > Canadian Pacific
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8485 (1954). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1530 (1981). Sold to CIT (2002), rebuilt at Alstom Ogden Shops, Calgary AB. Leased back to CP. Retired (8/29/2012). Sent to SRY, New Westminster B.C., for parts salvage and scrapping.