CP 1548 AT TORONTO, ON.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1958 as CP 8819
Serial Number : A 1471
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail
This Photo : Bill Sanderson, 2002
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8819 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1977;
2. CP 1548 at Montreal, QC., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Ross Harrison, 1989. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
3. CP 1548 at Montreal, QC., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1992;
4. CP 1548 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2007;
5. CP 1548 at Toronto, ON., painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 2010.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" Stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark > CP Rail > Canadian Pacific
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8819 (1958). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1548 (1983). Equipped with CANAC remote control 'beltpack' equipment. Mated with Slug #1024. Retired (5/2013). Sold to JLCX (2013), scrapped at Chicago Heights Processing (2014).