CP 1552 AT OGDEN, CALGARY AB.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1955 as CP 8506
Serial Number : A 704
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail Small Multimark
This Photo : Bill Sanderson, 1995
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8506 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1979;
2. CP 1552 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1996;
3. CP 1552 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Bruce Chapman, 2002. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
4. CP 1552 at Ogden, Calgary AB., stripped down to the frame, to become GG20B #1702. Photo by Doug MacKenzie 2005;
5. CP 1702 at Alyth, Calgary AB., converted to GG20B #1702, painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by Doug MacKenzie, 2006.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" Stripes > CP Rail System
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8506 (1955). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1552 (1983). Converted by RailPower technologies to "Green Goat" hybrid locomotive #1702 (2006).