CP 1559 AT HAMILTON, ON.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1955 as CP 8540
Serial Number : A 783
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : Canadian Pacific
This Photo : Dave Broughton, 2009
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8540 at Wilkie, SK., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by R.A. Matthews, 1979. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 1559 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bruce Chapman, 1990. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
3. CP 1559 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1993;
4. CP 1559 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1998;
5. CP 1559 at Oshawa, ON., painted in the Canadian Pacific paint scheme. Photo by Tom Twigge, 2005.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" Stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark > CP Rail System > Canadian Pacific
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8540 (1955). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1559 (1983). Sold to CIT (2002), rebuilt at Alstom Ogden Shops, Calgary AB. Leased back to CP. Declared surplus (5/20/2015). Sold to J&L Consulting (1/2017), became JLCX #1559.