CP 1565 AT CALGARY, AB.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1955 as CP 8514
Serial Number : A 712
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail
This Photo : Bernie Goodman, 1997
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8514 at Vancouver, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1981;
2. CP 1565 at Montreal, QC., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bruce Chapman, 1983. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
3. CP 1565 at Saskatoon, SK., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1994;
4. CP 1565 at Ogden, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme. Photo by Doug MacKenzie, 2011;
5. CP 1565 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 2011.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" Stripes > CP Rail no-Multimark > CP Rail
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8514 (1955). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1565 (1983). Equipped with CANAC remote control 'beltpack' equipment. Retired (9/30/2011). Sent to SRY, New Westminster B.C., for parts salvage and scrapping.