CP 1617 AT MEDICINE HAT, AB.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1957 as CP 8708
Serial Number : A 1158
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CPR Beaver
This Photo : Bill Sanderson, 1998
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8708 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1977;
2. CP 1617 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CP Rail Small Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1992;
3. CP 1617 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by Cor van Steenis, 2008;
4. CP 1617 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2010;
5. CP 1617 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 2011.
Paint Data : CP Rail Small Multimark, 8" stripes > CPR Beaver (Beaver logo on cab).
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8708 (1957). Rebuilt by CP as GP9u, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1617 (1986). Retired (9/30/2011). Sent to SRY, New Westminster B.C., for parts salvage and scrapping.