CP 1682 AT TORONTO, ON.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1950 as TH&B 72
Serial Number : A 118
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail Small Multimark
This Photo : Bill Sanderson, 1988
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. TH&B 72 at Buffalo, NY., painted in the TH&B Maroon/Cream paint scheme. Photo by Wayne Schenk, 1975. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 1682 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 2004;
3. CP 1682 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Cor van Steenis, 2011;
4. CP 1682 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail System paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 2011.
Paint Data : CP Rail no-Multimark > CP Rail System
Notes : Built by GMD as TH&B GP7 #72 (1950), acquired by CP, rebuilt with a 1,750 Hp. 16-567C engine block, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1682 (1987). Unit has no dynamic brakes. Retired (9/30/2011). Sent to SRY, New Westminster B.C., for parts salvage and scrapping.
* : Originally built as a GP7, this unit received a 1,750 Hp.16-567C engine replacing the original 1,500 Hp. 16-567B engine when overhauled and renumbered to #1682, technically making it a GP9u unit. CP retains the GP7u designation for the ex-TH&B units numbered in the #1682-1687 group.