CP 1689 AT ALYTH, CALGARY AB.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1954 as TH&B 402
Serial Number : A 570
Class : DS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail no-Multimark
This Photo : Chris Davidson, 2004
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. TH&B 402 at Hamilton, ON., painted in the TH&B Maroon/Cream paint scheme. Photo by Cheryl Tarzwell, 1977. From the Bill Sanderson collection;
2. CP 1689 at Montreal, QC., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1995;
3. CP 1689 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Cor va Steenis, 2008;
4. CP 1689 at Port Coquitlam, B.C., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Mark Forseille, 2011;
5. BDRV 1889 at Winnipeg, MB., painted for Belvidere & Delaware River Railway. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2011.
Paint Data : CP Rail no-Multimark
Notes : Built by GMD as TH&B GP9 #402 (2/1954), acquired by CP (1987), rebuilt, chop-nosed and renumbered to #1689 (1988). Unit has no dynamic brakes. Retired (12/2009). Sold to J&L Consulting, Langley, B.C. (2010). sold to Belvidere & Delaware River Railway, New Jersey (3/2011), became BDRV #1889.