CP 8217 AT PORT COQUITLAM, B.C.
Built by : GMD
Built in : 1954 as CP 8502
Serial Number : A 700
Class : DRS-17
Paint Scheme : CP Rail
This Photo : Mark Forseille, 2006
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 8502 at Vancouver, B.C., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Claude Prutton, 1979;
2. CP 8217 at Golden, B.C., painted in the CP Rail no-Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1993;
3. CP 8217 at Smiths Falls, ON., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme, without Beaver logo. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1999;
4. CP 8217 at Revelstoke, B.C., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme, with added beaver logo. Photo by Wilco van Schoonhoven, 2004;
5. CP 8217 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme, with added beaver logo. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2008;
6. CP 8217 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CP Rail paint scheme. Photo by Peter McLaughlin, 2011.
Notes : Built by GMD as GP9 #8502 (1954). Rebuilt by CP, chop-nosed and renumbered to #8217 (1988). Assigned to TEC-64 (Track Evaluation Car) train. Painted in the CP Rail scheme, with Beaver logo added to the cab in a later stage: the only unit so painted. Retired.