RSD-17

CP 8921

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

CP 8921 AT TORONTO, ON.

 

Built by : MLW

Built in : 1957

Serial Number : 81603

Class : DRS-24e

Paint Scheme : CP Rail Large Multimark

This Photo : J. Wilson, 1979. From the E.D. Motis collection.

 

Other Photos (chronological) :

1. CP 7007 at Calgary, AB., painted in the Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Photo by Peter Cox, 1957. From the Ron Visockis collection.

2. CP 8921, painted in the Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Photographer, date and location unknown. Photo from the E.D. Motis collection;

3. CP 8921, painted in the Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Photo by D.W. Hately, 1969. From the Bill Sanderson collection;

4. CP 8921 at Montreal, QC., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Jean Patenaude, 1973. From the Bill Sanderson collection;

5. CP 8921 at Toronto, ON., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo from the Claude Prutton collection, 1979;

6. CP 8921 at Smiths Falls, ON., chop-nosed, painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by Bill Sanderson, 1992;

7. CP 8921 at St. Thomas, ON., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by John Soehner, 2009;

8. CP 8921 at St. Thomas, ON., painted in the CP Rail Large Multimark paint scheme. Photo by John Soehner, 2009.

 

Paint data : Maroon & Grey "Block" > CP Rail Large Multimark, 5" stripes > CP Rail Large Multimark, 8" stripes

 

Notes : Built by MLW as RSD-17 #7007 (5/1957). This unit was painted in the Maroon & Grey "Block" paint scheme. Tested on CP between August 26, 1957 and November 2, 1957. The unit then went to CN where it tested as CN #3899 between December 19, 1957 and March 24, 1958. It then went to PGE, where it tested as PGE #624 between April 1, 1958, and October 15, 1958. It was purchased by CP on September 14, 1959, and renumbered to CP #8921. It was rebuilt and chop-nosed at CP Angus Shops, Montreal QC. (1988). Retired (5/1995), donated to the Elgin County Railway Museum, St. Thomas, ON. (1/1997).

___________________________________________________________________________________________