CP 9727 AT ALYTH, CALGARY AB.
Built by : General Electric
Built in : 2002 (delivered 1/2003)
Serial Number : 53957
Class : DRF-44
Paint Scheme : CPR BioDiesel
This Photo : Cor van Steenis, 2010
Other Photos (chronological) :
1. CP 9727 at Fort Steele, B.C., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by Mike McMahon, 2003;
2. CP 9727 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the CPR Beaver paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2007;
3. CP 9727 at Alyth, Calgary AB., being prepared for repainting into the BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by Doug MacKenzie, 2009;
4. CP 9727 at Alyth, Calgary AB., painted in the CPR BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by Cor van Steenis, 2010;
5. CP 9727 at Winnipeg, MB., painted in the Ex-CPR BioDiesel paint scheme. Photo by A. Ross Harrison, 2011.
Paint data : CPR Beaver, dashed frame stripes > CPR Bio-Diesel, dashed frame stripes > ex-CPR BioDiesel
Notes : Bio-diesel test unit. In total, 6 AC4400CW units are testing with Bio-diesel fuel during the winter season of 2009-2010, mainly between Edmonton, AB., and Calgary, AB. Unit #9727 and 9731 were partially repainted at Calgary, AB. (11/2009) and lettered "Powered by Biodiesel blend - Canadian Pacific", with the addition of a small Government of Canada logo. At the end of the test, the units were put into regular service with BioDiesel decals removed, leaving the Canadian Pacific lettering in place.